Camaro Forum at Firstgens.com

A Community of car guys and their Camaros Camaro restorartion camaro performance pro touring camaros drag racing camaros
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Help with Value of 67
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 am 

First Name: Dave
Hello,

Can you Camaro experts look at this CL ad and let me know what you might pay for the car? http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4560787443.html

The ad says 327/350 so not sure which motor it has. Also, no mention of matching #'s so am assuming it's not.

I'm looking for a Classic car and am located in Saratoga Springs NY in case anyone is in the general area that has one for sale. The car in the ad looks interesting but I would probably rather have and SS, RS, RS/SS or Z28.

Thanks!

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 am 
Administrator

First Name: Don
A couple of things bother me. Worth way over 25K but I'm asking 17k and willing to deal. I'm a 69 guy but something on the front view strikes me as wrong, maybe someone can chime in. Stripes look too wide & the guy can't spell. Interior parts are expensive and the pics are dark. We all have more in our cars than we can sell them for, kind of like our women.

- Dudley Field Malone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:15 am 
Global Moderator

First Name: Jeff
If this was the right year I'd be a buyer at 15K. I think the front is OK. It looks good in the straight on shots but not the one from the odd angle. I think the stripes look right in the hood shut shot but need to confirm in person. I'm with Don on that interior... I think the seats are trashed under the covers and can't see anything else. Maybe someone that actually owns a 67 will chime in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 am 

First Name: Dave
Thanks Guys! I was going to ask if he had the original seats but suspect they're long gone. Maybe I will go look at it and take some pictures. Any advice as far as looking into fender tag/originality, where are the main spots to look for #'s?

Can someone explain the main differences between 67 and 69? I was born in 69 so am partial to that year.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 am 
Global Moderator

First Name: Jeff
Where do I start?
The easiest thing would be a Google search of images of 67 and 69 Camaros. The 67 is the only year that has wing windows on the doors. The 69 has a completely different look to the side of the car. The wheel openings are flatter across the top and the body lines are more pronounced. Tail lights, grille and bumpers all changed in 69 also.

I'm working on my procrastination problem......

just wait and see!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am 

First Name: Russ
Some pictures show it with a front bumper and no front spoiler, others show a front spoiler and no front bumper. No grill emblem. What is the script on the fender? Not correct for 67. Passenger door mirror added which is a nice thing to have. Appears to be a factory A/C car but missing most components. Cowl induction hood and rear spoiler added. I would think it is worth an inspection to see what it looks like in person.