Camaro Forum at Firstgens.com

A Community of car guys and their Camaros Camaro restorartion camaro performance pro touring camaros drag racing camaros
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm 

First Name: Ken
I know this has been posted all over the internet but I have not been able to find the answer I am looking for. If I have overlooked it please direct me in the right direction. I have a 1975 10 bolt 8.5" rear end I am going to put under my 67 and need to know a few things.

1. I want to use 130 lb/in. springs and need to know if 4 or 5 leafs are the best?

2. I now I will need new perches for the springs and to get the right angle for these springs so can anyone tell me the best ones to use?

3. Is it possible to use the location of the shocks on this rear for my 67? (The staggered setup?)

I am going to use the angles from my 67 to transfer to the 75 rear and ask if you have any suggestions please let me know. I have had this car for ove 30 years and am now in the process of a resto-mod. Keeping all the original parts together if anyone wanted to go back original after me. I am 67 years old and hope I get to enjoy it for at least 15 more years.
Thanks to all,
Ken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am 

First Name: Bessie
Second Gen rear axles have a wider track, by 1.5 inches(?), and perches need to be moved in accordingly.
In saving money years ago, I replaced rubber pads with plates and kept everything in its place on axle tubes and bolted them together.
Yes, '67 mono-leaf springs had a little twist, but, it worked. I only used the Camaro for the qtr mile track.
Also kept the OE shock design.